The Office of Treasury Management (OTM) manages the University’s capital structure and liquidity, and provides treasury services to the Harvard community. OTM Cash Management optimizes and safeguards operating cash across the University, enables payments and the receipt of funds, and manages the University’s commercial banking partnerships and bank account structures. OTM Debt/Asset Management manages the University's Central Bank and works closely with University leadership to strategically finance capital projects that will serve Harvard for generations to come.
The primary goals of the Treasury Management team are to maintain liquidity and optimize cash resources; establish and maintain access to financing; maintain investor and bank relations; manage risk associated with the University's assets and debt portfolio; and consolidate and manage the cash flow of the University.
The Office of Treasury Management includes the Debt/Asset Management and Cash Management Offices.
- Manages the University’s Central Bank, through which it consolidates the cash flows of the University and holds short term funds for schools and units
- Manages the University’s debt portfolio, including the issuance of new debt for University strategic capital projects
- Manages tax-exempt debt compliance
- Manages the daily cash needs of the University
- Establishes and manages banking relationships
- Provides consultation and advice on banking services to customers throughout the University
- Manages Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance program
- Develops policies and procedures involving cash