The Office of Treasury Management (OTM) provides treasury services to the Harvard community, including cash management, debt management, and bank reconciliation. OTM manages the University's Central Bank and works closely with Harvard Planning Office to strategically finance capital projects that will serve Harvard for generations to come.
The primary goals of the Treasury Management team are to maintain liquidity and optimize cash resources; establish and maintain access to financing; maintain investor and bank relations; manage risk associated with the University's assets and debt portfolio; and consolidate and manage the cash flow of the University.
The Office of Treasury Management includes the Debt/Asset Management and Cash Management Offices.
- Manages the University’s Central Bank, through which it consolidates the cash flows of the University and holds short term funds for schools and units
- Manages the University’s debt portfolio, including the issuance of new debt for University strategic capital projects
- Manages tax-exempt debt compliance
- Manages the daily cash needs of the University
- Establishes and manages banking relationships
- Provides consultation and advice on banking services to customers throughout the University
- Manages Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance program
- Develops policies and procedures involving cash