Request Stop Payment on a Check

To place a stop payment on a check you must complete the Check Inquiry Request Form. For payment types other than Accounts Payable (HCOM) such as Payroll (P/R), Student Refunds (SRO), continuing ed. (DCE), etc. you will need to contact the central business owner to request the stop payment on your behalf.  For HCOM payments follow the instructions on the form by hovering over the appropriate fields.  Once received in Cash Management the stop payment will be placed and in effect within 24-48 hours. 

You will have to provide valid expense coding for checks that are labeled escheatable in HCOM that you want to redeposit.  At the end of each fiscal year all uncashed or outstanding checks with a prior calendar year date become escheatable. If they remain unclaimed and not reissued or re-deposited they will be turned over to the appropriate state.